5 July 2017

Wassup Wednesday?!

Morning friends. Hope your Wednesday is off to a crackin' start...?

Two things to tell you about:

Firstly, and this is frankly the more important of the two, this week is CAPSULE WARDROBE week on The Spike. Written by the hilarious Esther Coren, she is always right on the mark, but this week she is knocking it out of the ballpark. Just had kids? Changing jobs or moving house to a new patch? Lost your way slightly when trawling Zara and Mango? This woman knows what you should buy to wear and doesn't mess about. Instant easy to wear wardrobe. Have already purchased some new espadrilles (day one was shoes!) and two new grey tshirts (day two was tops!) Head across and check it out forthwith, it is life changing! I genuinely skipped through the school run this morning knowing I was heading home to read the latest suggestions...

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 10.19.57

Also, she often includes pictures like this which are nothing remotely to do with the subject of her blog posts but frankly, swing it for me every time!

Secondly, this Mama is pregnant!! 


(That is, in fact, a baby. Not just a kidney bean I ate last week!)

Took a bit longer that I was expecting, tiny bundle is due to arrive in January when all my OCD planning was aiming for a June delivery (like, you know, June just gone!) but hey, I can only work with what I've got and I blame Husband's lazy swimmers ;-) We are beyond thrilled. I say 'beyond thrilled', what I really mean is that Husband is a little shocked and keeps chuntering 'it'll be fine, it'll be fine' and I feel so sick and tired that I haven't really had chance to process it at all really. We haven't told the boys yet because January seems sooooo far away so the poor little buggers haven't got a clue why Mama keeps falling asleep at the dinner table or why they keep getting served beans on toast. Again. For the fourth time this week. Luckily, they're both pretty chilled kids who don't notice a lot so haven't protested or twigged...! I think we'll wait until the summer holidays and then maybe sit them down and share the news? We've had an early scan and seen a heartbeat so we're quietly confident all will be well (as confident as you can be at any stage, if you know what I mean?) and have our 12 week routine one tomorrow. So yes. Sorry if I've been a bit quiet. I've been asleep!!

So that's it. A baby for this Mama but MORE IMPORTANTLY some much needed advice about what the heck to wear when it pops out (after Boy I went through a ridiculous phase of only buying print Boden wrap dresses...rather bizarre?!) Get your butts over to The Spike and let me know what you think xx

No comments:

Post a Comment