10 October 2017

*waving

Hi guys! How's it going?

Three words sum up my life right now... pregnant, tired and DUSTY! Honestly, why am I soooo incredibly crap at remembering how messy DIY is? I genuinely forget every damn time, then jump straight into the next project and find myself in tears within hours. The dust is EVERYWHERE. Open plan living doesn't help, obviously, but even with the door closed across the stairs it seeps through and is all over the bedrooms. Sigh. Am trying to focus on the end goal but right now, I'm in a deep, dark funk. The kitchen contents are in boxes in the boot room, the essentials are on the dining room table, the kettle is balanced on top of the washing machine, we're washing up in the bath, the plasterer is here on day 2 of skimming, the floor is bare concrete...

Must ignore it as best I can and move on...

How's life been treating you all? We have settled into a perfectly fine routine now that Boy is back at school. He is loving Year 2 and touch wood, so far we haven't had to host the giant African land snail so I'm happy too. Toddler is happy doing his two days a week at nursery so things all feel quite stable and calm...I wonder how long it will last?!

Here's a few pics from the last couple of weeks...


We enjoyed another box of Hello Fresh! meals. Such a good idea for someone is pregnant and exhausted all the damn time, I'd seriously consider sending these things as new baby gifts!


Boy took this photo 34 times. Look how big Puppy is!!


We chose this paper for Baby's nursery...


...and paired it with a light purple from Valspar. LOVE IT!


We painted the hallway Dove Tale Grey and used Calamine on the inside of the front door. I adore it. Husband is not convinced ;-)


Niece turned 3. Three! I mean, that's insane, it feels like she just arrived. Unfortunately, her party was at 10.30am in Liverpool so her big day found us all on the M6 at 8.30am, only to enjoy the festivities and then head straight back home again so that Puppy didn't freak out and think he'd been abandoned for life (downside to being at home full time: when you actually go out for longer than an hour your pets think you've done a bunk and panic!)


The man came to remove the kitchen floor tiles (more frickin' dust) so we were trapped upstairs for many, many hours. Toddler passed the time in a box, as you do.


Some bastard hit my car with a trolley at Aldi and skipped off without a word. This kind of shit doesn't happen at Waitrose. Sigh!


Puppy has clocked something strange and keeps doing this whenever I sit down!!


And this was the kitchen on Saturday. Kill me now! (It looks tonnes better today, all the paper has gone, the walls are being skimmed, we have a window ledge!!)


And THIS was the boot room at one point over the weekend. I stupidly assumed it was a given that he'd make sure I could reach important things like the dog food and the school shoes. Nope. Apparently, I didn't explicitly say 'when you move the kitchen boxes, please make sure these things are accessible...' therefore it is my own daft fault I can't use the dryer without standing on a tool box. Sigh! It does look a lot better after he spent Sunday re-arranging it in an attempt to stop me crying!!

So yes, that is a bit of life lately in the shire. Only 10 days to go until we have a working kitchen again (I hope and pray!) and then I can put everything back where it bloody well lives. For some inexplicable reason, the tilers can't make it here until early on in November, so depending on how broken I am after the kitchen is installed means that I  may well cancel them and force everyone to live with a concrete floor for the next year. Either that or I'll moving be out when they lay the limestone tiles?! I'll decide nearer the time!!

Other than kitchen news, there's not a lot else happening which is good as the quietest of weeks tires this pregnant Mama out like never before. We almost have everything we need for Baby, the big annual coffee morning is tomorrow at 10am, there's a halloween Spook-tacular at school next week...roll on half term and a fortnight of hiding in a dark room with the boys under a duvet. Has anyone got any lovely plans for the upcoming holiday or are we all hibernating?!

No comments:

Post a Comment