29 April 2015

What's up Wednesday...?

Ooh am trying to be flash and use a photo (mainly as a blog-update-moving-forward-type thing but almost because I always forget the blinkin' prompts for this post and wanted it there at the top to refer to when typing!!) hope it works!!
Anyhoo, happy Wednesday folks. Peak of the week, almost Friday, tra la la...
Here we go...
What we're eating...
Ooh got invited out for tea with the boys tonight which is always an amazing treat. No food prep, no washing up? I'm there. They both ate fairly well too with minimal spittage (there was a rocky moment in the middle between Baby and a spear of asparagus but I think I covered it fairly well??) Winner!
What I'm reminiscing about...
The world's oddest play date the other day with Leeds Dad and another mum from nursery who is (as Posh Mama has since rightly labelled it) a friend hog. As in, oh how nice that you're here, but he's MY friend more than yours, I shall now laugh hysterically to prove my point... It was, in a word, a rather odd experience. Like I was in a weird type of competition. And the prize was Leeds Dad? Who, in typical male fashion, was happily oblivious to the whole drama going on around him and consequently thinks I'm a moron who made the whole thing up. I didn't. She's insane! So yeah, keep thinking about that...
What I'm loving...
Baby can walk. He has gone through a crazy ass developmental phase and all of a sudden looks so tall and grown up and non-Baby-ish. It's a fun new stage, complete with coy faces, sloppy heartfelt kisses and throwing himself backwards so furiously when cross that he cracks his head off doorframes. It's a trying time!!
What we've been up to...
Recovering from 32 children at Baby's first birthday party. Nuff said...
What I'm dreading...
Have yet another appointment tomorrow with nPower to service/repair/replace the boiler at the old house. I really don't want to deal with it and feel Husband should take time off work to be there. He disagrees. Could cry!
What I'm working on...
Getting the old house ready for tenants on 21st May. Eeshk. Feel very grown up and responsible. Scary!
What I'm excited about...
The huge new swing set arrives tomorrow and then Husband is going to erect it in secret on Saturday while I take the boys out. Can't wait to see their little faces!!
What I'm watching/reading...
Not masses as am suffering from fatigue again at the minute so no matter how much sleep I have had the night before I am hanging by 9.30pm and falling into a coma instead of watching anything with Husband. Poor guy. Did treat myself to An Affair to Remember this afternoon while ironing, promptly burst into tears when he opened the bedroom door and saw the painting...such a good movie. 
What I'm listening to...
Still on Swifty's new album every time I'm in the car. Love love love!
What I'm wearing...
Same old boring shit I always do! Must crack out the temporary tan and release my legs, out of the safe darkness of the skinny jeans and into the harsh daylight. Sob. Can I change my answer to 'what I'm dreading...??'
What I'm doing this weekend...
Well I'm in charge of occupying the boys while Husband and Grandad build the swings. And I really wanted to do some more bike practice. Baby has his swimming lesson. And then we have a 50th garden party at a friend's house nearby which should be excellent. New house is so close we can now walk and get trollied. Bank holidays do have some perks after all! Other than that, hopefully just a lot of swinging in the garden!!
What we're doing next month...
May. How is it May already? May will bring an NCT play date, Imogen's birthday party, an overnight stay in Liverpool to visit Auntie, BFF's birthday, our wedding anniversary and a night out celebrating a wedding of some friends at nursery. Not too manically busy, just enough to keep me ticking over!!
What else is new...
Hmm not a lot. Rearranged the furniture in Toddler's bedroom (I know, wild style!) to allow his workbench to be put upstairs (room to breathe in playroom now, thank you sweet baby Jesus!) We took out new life insurance policies (rock n'roll!) incase one of us pops our clogs (please please please let me go first, if Husband dies I don't have a clue what half the remotes in our house do...!) Oh and we had a blow out row with Nana but she has decided to forgive us for our atrocious behaviour so we're back on the list (groan!)
Goodbye April. You were a blast. Have a great May everyone, who's got exciting plans??

No comments:

Post a Comment