Here we have it. Ten random things that make us smile on a Tuesday that's a bit grey and a bit miserable and is supposed to be June!
1. Coffee. Always. First true love. Think I'd love mine even more if they looked this pretty every time I poured one?
2. This desk. Am desperate to replace the ikea monstrosity that is currently housing my PC, but can I find one I like in the right width? Can I feck! Am determined it is to stay in this alcove, or my search would be considerably easier...but who likes it easy, eh?!
3. Laundry storage. This week's obsession. May have to venture to the dreaded aforementioned ikea to pick up some shelves like the ones below. Basically have a tonne of storage in the laundry room/utility area at the minute BUT it stands on the worktop and therefore I lose all my folding space. Sad times. Need to get some wall-mounted shelves and lift that crap up a bit!!
7. And this is the new restaurant in town where we shall all be eating on Saturday night due to the ill-fated school barndance being cancelled. Looking forward to that!
8. All 3 of us have now caught Husband's sore throat and snotty nose, and I am also suffering with hayfever. Excellent. Baby has been up coughing at 2am every night for a week (joys) and then they spend their days wandering around with green slugs hanging out of their nostrils. It's all glamour being a Mama! Thanks Christ for tissues.
10. And am turning my attention to the master bedroom. Once I've sorted the laundry room obviously. I would never ever have two big projects on the go at the same time!! I've gone ahead and bought charcoal bedsheets (white bedspreads, while delightful, don't really 'go' with black labradors?!) so dark grey walls are probably not possible but this is the kind of feel I'm after. Husband will, of course, take one look at it and declare it a no-go, but then when has that ever stopped me/been taken into account/been listened to? No rush though, am still on the 'pinning' stage of this one.
And there we have it. 10 random things that make me smile day-to-day, are coming up this week or that are causing me to do the mental-Mama-grin that comes when you are so sick to death of wiping snot. You know the one, smile manically or lie down and weep? Yeah, that one!